Porto Seguro overview

Porto Seguro was founded in 1945 under the name of Porto Seguro Companhia de Seguros Gerais by a group of executives. At the time of its constitution, it operated in insurance and reinsurance of P&C. In 1972, Abrahao Garfinkel, former director of the Boa Vista Insurance Group, acquired control of the company, which then occupied the 44th position in the market ranking. Porto Seguro began its operations with 50 employees and now directly employs 10,000 employees, and 10,000 suppliers through its companies. It has 135 branches and regional offices to serve more than 20,000 brokers and five million customers across the country. It also has a headquarters in Uruguay.

In 2015, the Brazilian insurer launched Oxigênio, a corporate accelerator built out of a partnership with leading global innovation platform, Plug and Play.

Map showing the location of Porto Seguro

São Paulo, Brazil

Need more insight?

Speak to us about commissioning some bespoke research.

Find out more

Key people

Tiago Galli General Manager
Marcos Loução Director General of Financial Affairs and Services